Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Since going Gluten free, I think breakfast and lunch are the hardest. We used to eat chocolate chip muffins, pancakes, toast, toaster strudels, waffles, oatmeal, grits, biscuits, etc... all of which are off limits for someone with Celiacs. I have been searching to find some good substitutions for these things. One of which is the chocolate chip muffin. I have used this mix several times from the gluten free pantry, each time tweeking it a little until we have come up with something we really like. Even I like it. It is really tasty. The kids love it and don't know the difference from the old ones. Here are some pics.




To the mix I added an extra 1/2 teas. vanilla, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup cocoa, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. YUMMMMMM!!

No comments: